pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Lunch Notes

The first few days of school I put a note in Berkley's lunch box.  At some point, I didn't write a note, and boy did I hear about it that afternoon!!  Berkley claimed that he loved reading the notes from me at lunch, and now that he can actually read, I thought it would be a good way remind him of things mid-day.  
For a while I wrote notes that basically said, "Obey your teachers & be a good friend.  I love you." Stephen saw these and said, "If you're going to write him notes every day you at least need to mix it up a bit."  
Pinterest to the rescue!
I scoured Pinterest for lunchbox notes and realized that instead of printing them off, I could easily write & draw them myself!  So, that's exactly what I've been doing.  I use the Pinterest notes for inspiration, then make a few weeks' worth of notes at one time.  I keep the notes in a stack on the counter and pick one each day to go in his lunchbox.  
Berkley loves the notes and does seem to genuinely appreciate them.  Aside from that, it gives me an excuse to bring out the markers every few weeks!  I've also found that making these notes is also an opportune time for concentrated prayer over Berkley, his school, his health, his teachers, and whomever he is sitting with that particular day at lunch.

1 comment:

  1. these are amazing! i need to hire you to make some for my kids...i WISH i had the time!

    ReplyDelete